Carmel Berry Company Job Posting
Sales Position in the Bay Area with Carmel Berry Company
Are you a self-proclaimed foodie that loves finding interesting new foods and knowing the stories behind them? Do you then excitedly share with friends the tidbits about the farmers growing ingredients or a mission-driven brand…or the amazing meal you whipped up with a new grocery store find? Does your passion for better-for-you products make you a natural salesperson as you KNOW the importance of getting small brands on more shelves - and you have the internal motivation and drive to make those sales happen? If so, then read on!
Carmel Berry Company is a certified woman-owned business that makes both pantry and wellness goods with American-grown, fresh-pressed elderberries. That’s right, elderberries! A tiny but mighty superfruit that normally is imported from vaguely regulated sources overseas…yet is a native plant to North America! We source our elderberries and flowers directly from our own network of farmers and turn them into delicious and healthy syrups for cocktails, mocktails and immune support. We also make preserves for gourmet charcuterie boards, exquisite vinegars and delicious teas and we’re poised for expansion into the Bay Area!
How is Carmel Berry Co a cut above normal elderberry companies you might find at CVS? In short–our dedication to our farmers results in a stunningly delicious product line. Knowing our farmers personally means we can source fresh elderberries and juice them ourselves and this is what leads to elderberry goods not only packed with health benefits but also scrumptious enough for even Michelin Star kitchens. We provide grants, education and mentorship to farmers here in the US so they too can benefit from the wildly growing popularity of elderberry.
We provide grants, education and mentorship to farmers here in the US so they too can benefit from the wildly growing popularity of elderberry.
We’re on a mission to bring American grown, fresh pressed elderberry into the kitchens and lives of healthy-lifestyle folks in the Bay Area. Are you the right person to join our team?
Commission Based Sales Position in Bay Area.
We seek a motivated individual who LOVES SALES, values strong relationships with buyers, and believes in our mission.
The Bay Area is a new territory for us, making this a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual who is ready to help take this tiny but mighty superfruit to San Francisco and the East Bay!
- Find and pitch to new accounts. Everything from boutique grocery and gift stores to cafes and restaurants, to alternative health offices and even breweries and distilleries and juice bars. So much opportunity here! The commission based position means you’re in the driver’s seat on your monthly earnings.
- Create your own schedule with a balance between in-person sales and remote administrative duties including creating and updating a sales database, pulling sales reports, completing follow up email or phone calls and tracking communication with accounts. Now is the time to shine a light on your organization skills!
- Share your passion about healthy eating, cooking and natural wellness!
- Be a relationship builder! Consistent in-person visits to locations to support merchandising and reordering.
- Be an active team player! Communicate regularly with owner Katie on creation and execution of sales strategy.
- Get excited to sell our farmer-direct fresh-pressed elderberry goods, knowing the more accounts we get into, the more we can meet our mission to support new elderberry growers and introduce Bay Area community to the best elderberry goods available on the market!
- You’ll need your own transportation to get to accounts.
- Fulfillment of orders is handled separately, you’ll focus on sales.
- This is a 1099 (subcontractor) position.
- Commission based with performance based bonuses.
If you’ve read this far and think you’d be a good fit:
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Bay Area elderberry expansion”. Please include your resume and let us know what about this opportunity excites you, what you feel you could bring to the table for a sales strategy for a brand new territory, and how you’d be a good fit for the responsibilities described above. Be sure to include your contact information.
We’ll review all submissions now through Friday October 27th and we’ll follow up with interview requests via email shortly after.
Carmel Berry Company